How to keep your glass shower screen clean…
Monaro Screens we are now pleased to be able to offer our customers the outstanding new VITROglaze technology.
- The seemingly smooth surface of glass consists of microscopic ridges and valleys which creates a favourable environment for the build-up of contaminants such as soap scum, hard water deposits and grime.
- In time the glass surface will visibly dull and become difficult to clean.
- This will result in high maintenance and premature replacement costs due to deterioration.
- VITROglaze is a permanent nano-coating that fuses with the glass, and prevents the adhesion and build-up of contaminants onto the glass surface.
- It also provides water and oil repellent properties.
- Working similar to non-stick cookware, your glass becomes easier to clean, without the need of hard chemicals.
What is VITROglaze?
VITROglaze is breakthrough in glass protection application for shower screens, windows, splashbacks, tiles & other non-porous surfaces
How VITROglaze works
Glass is not as smooth as it seems.
The seemingly smooth surface of glass contains microscopic ridges and valleys that create a favourable environment for the buildup of contaminants like soap scum, hard water deposits and grime.
In time, the glass surface will visibly dull and become difficult to clean. This will result in high maintenance and premature replacement costs due to deterioration.
The VITROglaze advantage
Vitroglaze is a permanent coating that will prevent the adhesion and buildup of contaminants onto the glass surface. It also provides water and oil repellent properties.
Working similar to non-stick cookware your glass becomes easier to clean without the need for harsh chemicals.
VITROglaze® has been designed to protect any silica based surface such as glass, granite, porcelain, and ceramic tiles, and significantly reduces the time and effort required to maintain these surfaces by up to 90%.
Most people find shower doors in their home are the biggest problem to keep looking clean. The build up of soaps, chemicals and water residue often leaves them with a cloudy appearance. Vitroglaze can restore the original clarity on your shower doors, giving them the appearance of looking brand new. What’s more it keeps them looking that way.
Splashbacks end up with all manner of water, soap, and oil residue. When cleaned, they often retain a ’smeared’ appearance. Keep your splash backs looking pristine, with Vitroglaze protection.
Ease of Cleaning
Vitroglaze® is a permanent non-stick coating that will help reduce your cleaning by up to 90 percent. Maintenance of your glass will require much less energy, time and money. What’s unique about treated surfaces is that all those spots will not stick if they are removed every couple of days with a wipe down with a damp cloth. It’s a similar situation with Teflon protection ~ you wouldn’t put your Teflon® coated fry pan away without wiping it down first.
To ensure the life of the Vitroglaze®, we recommend that you use a clean damp cloth every couple of days and give the surface a wipe over and then dry with a soft cloth. If you do notice a slight build up of grime, simply apply some VITROclean to the surface and wipe over.
Rinse with cold water and dry.
It’s that simple.
Cleaning Your Shower
The warmer the water, the greater the surface tension and spotting, therefore shower doors require a little more maintenance than other applications like windows or glass balustrades.
We recommend two methods that will keep your glass looking like new.
1. After taking a shower, dry the glass using either a plastic (not rubber) blade or a dry cloth. This will help to keep your shower looking pristine and will mean you do not have to clean the glass so often. Or…
2. Don’t dry the shower glass after each use but clean it more often. However, by not drying the glass each time spotting may occur. The VITROglaze™ coating makes spots easy to remove but cleaning may be required each week, depending on water quality.
It’s so easy! If any marks are hard to remove just repeat the process.
To clean the outside of the shower use any normal glass cleaner.